Montreal's International Airport Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau
Aéroports de Montréal is committed to providing airport facilities that are adapted to the needs of people with disabilities or limited mobility. Our customer service personnel and Airport Patrol officers are also available to assist you at all times.
Accessible ground transportation (car rental agencies and shuttles)
- A limited number of wheelchair-accessible vehicles and equipped with hand-operated controls are available for rental. Customers are asked to make the necessary arrangements in advance with their car rental agency.
- Public transit buses are accessible to people with limited mobility and can accommodate wheelchairs.
- People with limited mobility who have a valid certificate attesting to this fact and needing adapted parking can use the Multi-Level parking lot located near the terminal at the same weekly rate as the EconoParc lot.
- Parking spots for people with limited mobility are available in the EconoParc facility. Please note that the shuttle service between this lot and the terminal is unable to provide transportation for wheelchair users. More
- The terminal entrances on the arrivals level are equipped with oversized revolving doors with slow-motion buttons.
- Wheelchairs are available at the information counters located on the departures level for use by people with limited mobility visiting the airport. If you are boarding a flight, please contact your airline for a wheelchair.
- There are access ramps, elevators and moving sidewalks available to facilitate movement inside the terminal.
- Information counters, check-in counters, self-service check-in kiosks, public pay telephones and automated teller machines (ATMs) are accessible to wheelchair users.
- All washrooms feature doorless entrances and are equipped with toilet stalls adapted for use by people with limited mobility.
- In the international and transborder jetties, single-occupant unisex washrooms equipped with hands-free faucets are accessible to people in wheelchairs. They are also equipped with an emergency call button.
- Wheelchair-accessible drinking water fountains are also available.
- Use of carpeting in the terminal has been minimized to facilitate wheelchair movement.
At departure and arrival
- One line at each pre-boarding screening checkpoint is reserved for people with limited mobility accompanied by an airline passenger agent.
- In the international and transborder jetties, passengers with limited mobility have access to a transportation service using electric carts, from the security checkpoint to the boarding gate (departures level) and from the arrival gate to the Canada customs hall (arrivals level).
- Reserved seating is available in the boarding lounges.
- When an aircraft is parked far from the terminal, passenger transfer vehicles are available to transport people with limited mobility between the plane and the terminal. Arrangements must be made by the carrier.
- There is a line for use by people with limited mobility in the Canada customs hall, near the line for airline crews.
- Adapted taxis are available from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. upon request to the dispatcher at your arrival. Outside these hours, you must advise your airline, who will contact our dispatcher.
- Public pay telephones (except TTY phones) are equipped with a button that directly contacts ADM’s call centre for any request involving an emergency.
- Wheelchair users can enter all shops and restaurants in the terminal.
- Bars and VIP lounges have lowered sections for wheelchair users.
- Every bank of public pay telephones has at least one telephone configured for access by wheelchair users.
Services for the hearing impaired
- TTY telephones (identified with the TTY pictogram) are available at every bank of public telephones in the terminal and boarding areas.
- All pay telephones in the terminal are equipped with an adjustable volume control and a flux coil to assist hearing-aid users.
- Visual fire alarms (strobes) are located in public areas.
If you are a TTY user, simply call 7-1-1 for all directory assistance listings (local, national, US, overseas and toll free numbers).
Rates and information
For TTY, call 1 800 855-1155
Services for the visually impaired
- Signs are large and brightly coloured.
- Braille signs are located at entrances to all public washrooms.
- All elevators, escalators and moving sidewalks are equipped with braille signage.
- Elevators are also equipped with audible synthesized voice “floor callers” or acoustic signals that indicate floors.
- There is a relief area for guide dogs across from the terminal building, near the west tower of the multi-level parking garage.
Montreal-Trudeau International Airport (YUL) opens a specially-equipped washroom and changing facility for people with reduced mobility that is the first of its kind at an airport outside Germany or the United Kingdom.
Travelling can be a major challenge for people with reduced mobility, severe disabilities or specialized needs. And while many airports and airlines offer wheelchair and other services for the disabled, few currently provide fully-equipped washroom and changing facilities specifically designed for them.
Montreal-Trudeau International Airport recently opened such a facility in its international arrivals hall, equipped with a winch and changing table for adults.
Contact information for companies offering accessible taxi services.
- Taxi 24: 819 856-7330
- Taxi Val d’Or: 819 825-2211
- Taxi S. Depont: 819 333-7444
- Taxi Magog-Orford: 819 843-3377
- Taxis de Sherbrooke: 819 562-4717
- Taxi adapté Victo: 819 357-0032
- Taxibus: 819 752-4549
- Rouli-Bus: 819-758-5959
- Taxi Central: 819-478-4646
- Taxi Bon-Conseil: 819 336-3030
- Taxi fauteuil mobile: 418 665-2207
- Taxi Robert Bradet: 418 435-5198
- Taxi adapté M. Auger: 418 833-3339
- COOP de taxis de Thetford Mines: 418 338-5115
- Radio Taxi Monaco: 450 753-7575
- Taxi Bruneau: 450 803-3142
- Taxi COOP Sainte-Adèle: 450 229-3535
- Taxi Van des Cîmes: 819 681-0486
- COOP des propriétaires de taxis de Laval: 450 688-2707
- Taxi COOP de la Mauricie: 819 378-5444
- Desaulniers Taxi: 819 228-2464
- Bellemare taxi: 819 538-3000
- Taxi Para-Adapté: 514 821-3355
- Taxi Van Médic: 514 739-9933
- Taxi Boisjoly: 514 252-1313
- Taxi Diamond: 514 273-6331
- Taxi COOP de l’Est: 514 352-6000
- Taxi COOP de l’Ouest: 514 352-6666
- Taxi Excellence: 514 322-0909
- Taxi Expert: 514 374-7171
- Taxi Rosemont Plus: 514 255-1313
- Taxi Union: 450 679-6262
- Allo Taxi: 450 646-6060
- Taxi Chambly: 450 658-3000
- Taxi BMA Soucy: 819 986-3332
- Taxis COOP Québec: 418 525-5191
- Taxi Laurier: 418 651-2727
- Transport accessible du Québec: 418 641-8294
- Radio taxi Saguenay: 418 549-4230
- Taxi 2151: 418 544-2151
- Taxi Diamond: 418 547-2121
- Taxi Unis: 418 543-3868